Jean-Claude Roumain Innovation in Concrete Award
An award for innovation in concrete has been established by SDC in memory of Jean-Claude Roumain, a long-time SDC supporter and Executive Committee member who passed away in January 2010.
Nominations for the 2016 Awards are now open. The deadline for submissions
is April 1.
here for the nomination form.
The 2015 award winner is Fred R. Goodwin.
here to view all awardees and their biographies.
Nominees should be individuals who have met one or more of the following:
- Have contributed to innovative developments in concrete mixture proportioning, production of concrete, and\or concrete construction,
- Have contributed to the improvement in the manufacture of materials used in the production of concrete, and used existing and new materials in innovative ways to improve concrete construction and serviceability; and/or
- Used concrete in innovative ways to contribute to a sustainable built environment.
- Innovation(s) must be original as evidenced by: technical publications, patents issued (provide patent numbers), adoption by a minimum of one mid to large size company in the industry (provide names), or having been identified by trade groups as “innovative.”
- Innovation(s) must not have been previously published in a technical journal or trade publication by someone other than the nominee.
- Innovation(s) must be economically viable (as perceived by SDC Board Members)
- Innovation(s) should have sustainability aspects\benefits
- Nominations must be submitted on the “Jean-Claude Roumain Innovation in Concrete Award Nomination Form.”